The Gleamery is a venture-backed health & wellness startup focused on reinventing the dental industry. The Gleamery is building the first national dental brand specializing in professional grade, expeditious teeth cleaning and whitening - the recurring dental services that the modern millennial customer wants and needs. The Gleamery’s studios have a hospitality and design focused ethos and a seamless, technology enabled customer experience. The Gleamery is opening studios in cities across the U.S., building a nationwide brand leader in preventive and cosmetic dental care. The Gleamery is looking to recruit exceptionally talented individuals to join our mission-driven, LA-based HQ team.
We are looking for an experienced, driven and entrepreneurial Head of Operations to lead needle-moving operational initiatives to drive 4 wall P&L performance and lead the new store opening process for our next wave of expansion. This candidate will help with the most important and ambiguous operational challenges through rigorous problem solving and execution, reporting directly to the CEO. We are a group of experienced operators, entrepreneurs and investors in the consumer-technology space, financed by BrandProject. This role is based in Los Angeles.
We are assembling a team of innovative thinkers across consumer-tech and dental medicine to build a new experience for consumers and providers. We are looking for someone who shares our vision that the industry needs to be improved and YOU want to be a major part of shaping its future. We are looking for someone who loves the idea of building something new, and being part of an early-stage company that is disrupting a massive category.
Who we're looking for:
- You share our vision that the industry needs to be improved and you want to be a major part of shaping its future, and you love the idea of building something new, and part of an early-stage company disrupting a massive category
- You have a bias for action and are a self-starter that excels in a fast-paced and evolving business
- You are a problem solver- you have a talent for managing complex projects, driving high-level goals into actionable plans, and enjoy implementing processes.
- You persist in accompanying objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You have a track record of exceeding goals successfully. You push yourself and help others achieve results
- You are a relationship-builder and communicator that can motivate and influence people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- You can see the big picture and dig into the weeds on problems, and switch between both several times per day, working on many different projects and constantly changing priorities
- You’ll have your fingerprints all over the future of dental health & wellness. This means everything from high-level strategy to the operational details
- You seek new opportunities to build a brand from scratch, and have a knack for finding ways to grow a business
- You lead by example, are technically savvy, and can inspire a team of colleagues and partners towards a common goal
- You have a roll up your sleeves attitude
- You are looking for a new challenge, an opportunity for outsized responsibility, and a role that can accelerate your learning
THE ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own projects across Clinical Ops, People Ops, and Real Estate Expansion to develop, enhance, and execute on the strategic operational plan (examples include developing world-class SOPs for our Beaverton location and our next wave of new store openings, managing schedule and budget for buildout of two new LA locations, hiring and training the team for our new LA locations, etc.)
- Improve and implement core operating processes, working cross-functionally across strategy, finance, real estate, product, marketing, operations, and legal teams
- Develop experiments and pilots to test new opportunities to generate growth, drive retention, improve CX, operate more efficiently, etc.
- Analyze performance and make data-driven recommendations on critical business decisions and growth initiatives
- Identify performance improvement opportunities and drive continuous improvement in unit economics and 4 wall opex
- Develop scalable operational plans for The Gleamery’s national rollout
- Develop high standards for execution to meet KPIs and financial metrics
- Set and deliver on aggressive deadlines and drive yourself and the team around you to action, approaching the work with a no-ego attitude and rolling up your sleeves to tackle whatever needs to be done
- 8+ years experience and previously oversaw multiple locations in a 4 wall consumer services business
- Experience at a high-growth startup is a plus but not required
- Strong analytical skills and creative approach to solving unstructured problems
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives, strong project management skills to meet deadlines and gain adoption
- Bonus if you’ve worked at a next generation consumer/retail brand
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Commuter, health, and wellness perks
- Complimentary Gleamery services and products
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Come and be a part of the Gleam Team!
Email email@example.com with your resume and let us know why you're interested in working at The Gleamery.
View all openings